University of the Azores, Department of Oceanography and
Ricardo Santos 9901-862 Horta
IMAR is Regional Co-ordinator
Atlantic and Arctic region (southern part) and:
- prepares overviews on biodiversity research in its part of the
region with regard to all Workpackages.
- co-ordinates (together with the other Regional Co-ordinator in
its region; member 6) the 2 regional meetings in the Atlantic and
Arctic region (1 meeting per region per year with 3 parallel
sessions (= 3 Workpackages)). Provides help to the Workpackage
Leaders (members 2 to 4) to organise their sessions during the
regional meetings. The co-ordination includes the preparation,
evaluation, production and distribution of announcements and
scientific/technical reports of the meetings, following the layout
as agreed upon by the steering committee.
- gives, through 2 representatives, input to the 2 meetings and 2
workshops (each lasting 3 days) within all 3 Workpackages, by
presenting information on biodiversity research in its country.
- helps the Workpackage Leaders to compose draft reports on the
results of the inventories and discussions in the regional meetings.
- member of the steering committee (4 meetings at intervals of
approximately 8 months).
- discusses the draft reports in the steering committee, and
subsequently helps the Workpackage Leaders to readjust the reports
and to give a presentation in the following general
workshops/conferences (once per year).
- helps the Workpackage Leader to compose the final outlines,
protocols and recommendations.