EcoServe are the Leader of Workpackage 3 (WP3:
Capacity building, dissemination and networking) and:
- co-ordinates and carries out the first inventories and reviews on
existing networks and categorises available databases (WP3). To this
end, he contacts and consults the members of the Concerted Action
for information and advice. This will mainly be done by (E-)mail.
- chairs the sessions in the regional meetings and workshops
dealing with WP3.
- co-operates with the Regional Co-ordinators (members 5 to 10) in
the organisation of regional meetings (3 regions, 1 meeting per
region per year), and makes reports with regard to the sessions on
comparisons of the most suitable way for installing a network and
databases on marine biodiversity (WP3).
- makes, with help of the Regional Co-ordinators, draft reports on
the results of the inventories and discussions in the meetings and
workshops with regard to capacity building, dissemination of
results, databases and networking (including a draft outline for
criteria and protocols, gaps in existing data and in knowledge, and
- readjusts reports, outlines and protocols according to
recommendations from members, meetings and workshops.
- presents results in meetings and workshops.
- composes final reports on capacity building, dissemination,
networking and databases (including checklists, protocols) of marine
biodiversity studies coming available through the Concerted Action.
- develops a web-page and data-base on the results of the Concerted
Action is responsible for the deliverables of Work-package 3.
- gives, through 2 representatives, input to the 2 meetings and 2
workshops (each lasting 3 days) within all 3 Workpackages, by
presenting information on biodiversity research in its country.
- is member of the steering committee (4 meetings at intervals of
approximately 8 months).