OOB is the Leader of Workpackage 2 (WP2: Indicators)
- co-ordinates and carries out the first inventories and reviews on
available data for indicators (WP2). To this end, he contacts and
consults the members of the Concerted Action for information and
advice. This will mainly be done by (E-)mail.
- chairs the sessions in the regional meetings and workshops
dealing with WP2.
- co-operates with the Regional Co-ordinators (members 5 to 10) in
the organisation of regional meetings (3 regions, 1 meeting per
region per year), and makes reports with regard to the sessions on
- makes, with help of the Regional Co-ordinators, draft reports on
the results of the inventories and discussions in the meetings and
workshops with regard to the most suitable and best studied
indicators (including a draft outline for criteria and protocols,
gaps in existing data and in knowledge, and recommendations for the
selection of indicators).
- readjusts reports, outlines and protocols according to
recommendations from members, meetings and workshops.
- presents results in meetings and workshops.
- composes final reports on most suitable and best studied
indicators for marine biodiversity studies.
- is responsible for the deliverables of Work-package 2.
- gives, through 2 representatives, input to the 2 meetings and 2
workshops (each lasting 3 days) within all 3 Workpackages, by
presenting information on biodiversity research in its district.
- is member of the steering committee (4 meetings at intervals of
approximately 8 months).