Centre for Coastal and Marine Sciences, Plymouth Marine
Richard Warwick Prospect Place,
Plymouth PL1 3DH,
PML is the Leader of Workpackage 1 (WP1: Reference sites)
- co-ordinates and carries out the first inventories and reviews on
available data for sites with background data on biodiversity (WP1).
To this end, he contacts and consults the members of the Concerted
Action for information and advice. This will mainly be done by
- chairs the sessions in the regional meetings and workshops
dealing with WP1.
- co-operates with the Regional Co-ordinators (members 5 to 10) in
the organisation of regional meetings (3 regions, 1 meeting per
region per year), and makes reports with regard to the sessions on
most suitable and best studied reference sites (WP1).
- makes, with help of the Regional Co-ordinators, draft reports on
the results of the inventories and discussions in the meetings and
workshops with regard to the most suitable and best studied sites
(including a draft outline for criteria and protocols, gaps in
existing data and in knowledge, and recommendations for the
selection of sites).
- readjusts reports, outlines and protocols according to
recommendations from members, meetings and workshops.
- presents results in meetings and workshops.
- composes final reports on most suitable and best studied sites
for marine biodiversity studies.
- is responsible for the deliverables of Work-package 1.
- gives, through 2 representatives, input to the 2 meetings and 2
workshops (each lasting 3 days) within all 3 Workpackages, by
presenting information on biodiversity research in its country.
- is member of the steering committee (4 meetings at intervals of
approximately 8 months).